As a Category Manager within Elefant.ro, you will be responsible for creating a clearly defined department strategy and taking ownership of its execution. You plan and manage the brands and products within your customer segment and are responsible for assessing the category’s need for resourcing and managing the developed team. The role is familiar territory as you already have at least 3-5 years experience on the Home & Deco acquisitions market, with a passion and flair for the product.
This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible in our Bucharest office.
- Supervising the overall activities and defining guidelines for the Home & Deco category, some of the most important functions include category controlling and buying intelligence
- Researching and selecting new brands to be added to the category, taking into account a number of factors including: market demand, market price, quality standards of the market, market trends, politics or policy delivery providers, financial budgets, etc.
- Be responsible for stock turnover as well as repeat orders and ensure that all products are available on the site when the customers want them
- Contacting suppliers and making sure that the whole supply chain runs smoothly
- Drive the creative direction for your department, sourcing new brands and products, negotiating the best terms for Elefant.ro
- Developing supplier portfolio for product category in order to identify new goods and evaluation of the product portfolio to ensure its competitiveness while understanding customer needs in the market
- Monitoring stocks and stock rotation, sales, returns, promotions and special offers in the home & deco category
- Participating in product category fairs and expositions in order to establish new products or suppliers for the assigned category
- Monitoring the competition and their prices, analyze the buying patterns of customers in order to predict future trends
- Monitoring the progress of sales and profitability of Brands and react quickly to unplanned fluctuations
- You enjoy professionally leading a team and have the ability to influence and motivate those around you
- You’re comfortable with numbers and interpreting data to make strategic decisions
- Negotiation is in your blood and you always cut a compelling figure when communicating with suppliers
- Proactive, react quickly to changes and always keep the strategic goals in mind
- Team player, communicative and asertive
- Excellent written and spoken English
Elefant.ro’s success tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues to join us in creating the best online shopping experience for our customers. You will work in a dynamic multicultural working enviroment, with the possibility to learn and become a marketing professional. We have flexible working hours, meal tickets, great location and a very nice and motivated team, waiting for you.
Let's work together and make our clients happy!